Friday, August 27, 2021

First Day of Kindergarten!

 From the time that I was a student myself through all my years of being a mother, I have  loved 'first days of school'. The new school supplies, the excitement of new beginnings, the smell of the school, meeting new teachers!! I think it is a magical time of the year.  I am so glad that I got to be a part of Isabella's FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!

Orientation - August 23, 2021


First Day - August 26, 2021

No tears!
No nervousness! Except maybe from Mom!
She climbed right up onto that big bus with confidence and joy!

Monica and I drove over to the school so we could see her walk into class.  She certainly didn't need us there as she skipped and hopped with obvious excitement as she found where the afternoon kindergarten classes wait for their teacher to come get them.

There were 2 little girls from her church class who are also in her kindergarten class. I envision them becoming good friends this year.
My admiration for kindergarten teachers grew as I watched her get 20 kids lined up to walk into the building.  All were excited, some nervous, a few hanging back with parents, some listening well, some not so well!  I'm glad she has 24 years of experience teaching kindergarten!
Her name is Mrs. Ciaveralla.  When Isabella's daddy was in kindergarten, his teacher was Mrs. Gorczyca and that same year Matt had Mrs. Aipperspach!  It took me awhile to learn how to spell those names.

Mrs. Ciaveralla did get them lined up and they walked into the building.  Just like that our little girl starts on this big adventure of learning! And yes, she is very tall and happened to be in line by a girl who is very short!  Another memory - Mary was also quite tall in kindergarten and her best friend Sara was very short.  When I met Sara, she said, "I'm Sara. I'm 5 and I'm short but I'm also very smart'.  Love that confidence!

Here is Isabella's daddy on his first day of Kindergarten at Summerwind Elementary school - September 1990.  Posing for photos wasn't his thing but he did have the same confidence as his daughter!  Parents were supposed to go with their children on the 1st day of Kindergarten so I thought he would want to drive over with me but NO WAY, he wanted to walk with the other kids from the neighborhood.
When I look at Isabella, I see unlimited possibilities! And many years of exciting 'first day of school'!














No comments:

Post a Comment