Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Games

When I came home from my committee meeting on Sunday night, I was so happy to see this.

I love that Johnny and Monica play games with Isabella and that Grandpa and I get to join in on the fun.  She loves them all - from Go Fish to Crazy Eights to Old Maid.  They have several versions of Uno that are favorites.  Last Sunday we played Uno Dare. Instead of being forced to draw 4 when that card is played, you can opt to do some sort of dare.  I had to act like a dog until my turn came around again. Johnny had to impersonate his favorite singer (Elvis, in case you wondered)!!  George decided he'd prefer to take 4 cards.  No surprise there...and he still won!

Isabella is very competitive but she is learning how to win or lose with grace most of the time.  I read these reasons for playing games as a family and I have to agree.

  • It increases resilience. ... 
  • It helps build self-confidence. ... 
  • It promotes essential skills. ... 
  • It can encourage academic development. ... 
  • It offers lasting memories.

Grandparents are lucky when they get to be part of those memories.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment