Friday, February 4, 2022

Happy birthday Daddy!

My Daddy, Jake Gates Montgomery, was born 106 years ago on January 31, 1916.  He's the younger boy in this photo.  The other boy, Joe David Montgomery, is the father of Jane Montgomery Derning and Joy Montgomery Cummings.  Grandfather to Kerrie Pollitt and Kellie Huggs, Amanda Cummings McGraw and Leigh Anne Cummings Stankoski, Alan Creech and Tracy Creech Lloyd.  Alan and Tracy's mother was my cousin, June Montgomery Creech, who died in 1986 from Leukemia. 

Dave Montgomery died in 1947 from an accident. Called out to his job as a linesman for Arkansas Power and Light on a Sunday, he was electrocuted and fell to his death.  My cousins were just little girls.

Daddy died of cancer 43 years ago at the age of 63 on May 27, 1979.  I was only 25.

My parents were married for 30 years before Daddy's death.  My mother was a widow for almost the exact same amount of time that she was a wife. 

 I'm so thankful to be absolutely sure these words are truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment