Sunday, January 1, 2023

Accomplishments

A couple of my accomplishments of 2023:

I read 52 books.


         
A few of my favorites were The Last Voyage of Mrs Henry Parker by Joanna Neil, Band of Sisters by Lauren Willig,  and Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

I accomplished my indexing goal for the year.  Since 1893, our church has filmed genealogical records to be used in doing family history research.  Looking through these records was tedious until 2006 when the church started a program of creating an index of records. It's a volunteer program done by members of our church, as well as nonmembers, that creates a searchable digital index of scanned images of historical documents that can facilitate research.  There are 350,000 indexers in 130 countries. At the end of 2021 these were 5.8 billion searchable records on Family Search.  An average of 400,000 records are indexed each day.  That is amazing and I am proud to play a very small part in this enormous project.










No comments:

Post a Comment