Sunday, January 8, 2023

One Last Holiday Post

Recently I came across this photo. Yep that is me on Christmas probably in about 1964.  It was taken with my parents brand new Polaroid camera.


I love everything about it.  The real tree covered with icicles. My 'European' school girl look with knee socks and a blazer with some sort of insignia.  I'm even wearing a barret. The flipped hair which was so stylish!  And just look at the TV!  It was my own TV for my bedroom.  I remember how thrilled I was.

I really wish the camera had captured the whole living room. I'd love to take a walk down memory lane.

 My parents hardly took any photos after we moved back to Lonoke.  There are quite a few of me when we lived far away from home but from the time we moved back to Lonoke when I was in 3rd grade until I graduated from high school there are few.

My children and grandchildren won't have that complaint.
I have 30 boxes of slides that I am working to digitize.
20+ videos
25+ paper scrapbooks
Blog books for the last 13 years
And so many photos of them on my phone and computer that I wouldn't even attempt to count them. 

They might have the reverse complaint - too many photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment