Sunday, January 1, 2023

Where I've lived

 Every place I have ever lived has been wonderful.

In doing a quick count of the places I have called home, I realized that I lived in Arkansas, New York, Rhode Island and Maryland before I was 6 years old.  Then two years in Sicily

After that the count goes:

10 years in Lonoke, Arkansas 

2 years in Mississippi

2 years in Utah

13 years in Colorado

1 year in California

5 years in Barcelona, Spain

8 years in Oregon

But the place I've called home for the longest time is Boise, Idaho. 21 years - divided between 1988 - 1995; 2000-2008; 2018 to 2022.

Each of these places has something I loved.  Arkansas was home to my ancestors for many years. My roots are there.  Mississippi was where I learned to be independent from my parents and made so many life long friends.  Utah is where I met my husband.  Colorado was our 1st home as a couple and as a family of 6.  California is where we become parents for the first time. The years in Barcelona changed us all completely.  Oregon introduced us to some amazing people and where we became involved with Kenya Keys.  Here in Idaho we learned to expect the unexpected like seeing Santa riding his horse on Christmas Eve!


What will the future hold?  More places to call home?
More people to meet?  More adventures?
More learning? More challenges?

Bring on 2023.  The year I turn 70!

No comments:

Post a Comment