Monday, June 7, 2010

Oregon Discoveries

Two things I discovered in Oregon last week.

#1 Yes there are slugs! This orange guy was probably 4 or 5 inches long. I even saw a 'Slug Cookbook"...I assume that was a joke!

#2 The Powell Bookstore. Amazing place! There are rooms and rooms and floors and floors of books. My favorite part is that when you find a book you want, there are both used and new books on the shelf together. I got 7 used books for $60! New they would have cost something like $90! Another part of the 'used' book excitement is that they buy used books and we have hundreds that won't fit in our new place! Maybe I'll get enough money from selling books that I'll buy myself a Kindle! That would solve the problem of buying more books!

2 comments:

  1. Tell me if you buy that slug cookbook! It will be a good hint not to eat your cooking! The bookstore sounds like heaven! Portland will be filled with beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one healthy-lookin' slug! YUCK! When we lived in Seattle, once in a while a slug would get into the house. We wouldn't see it right off but we'd see the slimy tracks he left across the floor. Yuck. You made a great discovery when you found that bookstore! You'll have to keep us updated on all the cool things you're reading! :)

    ReplyDelete