Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pleasure #5

Read or watch or participate in something that takes your breath away. A recent study found that people seek out newspaper articles that inspire awe-that hard to define feeling we get when we're exposed to great beauty, power, or accomplishment. This pleasurable tickle is uniquely human and can be achieved in multiple ways: praying, watching nature programs, and reading stories of personal triumph, to name a few. Whatever gives you that lump-in-your-throat feeling, pursue it any way you can.

So many things give me that 'lump in your throat feeling". A really spiritual church meeting or lesson, prayer, watching my children succeed at something, church videos, seeing something amazing when I travel, a great book, sometimes when I read the scriptures....the list is long for me! Here are a few pictures of things that have taken my breath away:

The feeling of being on the top of Wayna Picchu, the towering granite peak that overlooks Machu Picchu from the north

Watching our son with a family that he had taught and baptized and seeing how much they loved 'Elder Lewis'
Thinking of the love my Savior has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment