Sunday, January 9, 2011

NO outfit is complete without dog hair!

Except for visits from Jackson, Scott's friend's dog, we have been 'dog less' for awhile now. I miss having dog hair on my clothes. Well I don't really miss the dog hair but I do miss having an excited pooch overjoyed to see me every time I come home. So I have started volunteering at the Oregon Guide Dog School in Boring, Oregon. I'm helping in the Vet Clinic. So far I have done some clerical work, some sterilizing, and some other organizing stuff. But I've also snuggled with a dog coming out of sedation after an X-ray and spent time loving on a retired guide dog, named Nottingham, who is recovering from a sickness and was lonely. I've walked a beautiful confident Golden Retriever names Jonathan and a sweet yellow lab named Nexie! And I've loved every minute! I haven't had my camera with me so I haven't posted about this new project.

This week all that is going to change. Normally the Guide Dog School gets 6 new puppies each month. These puppies stay at the school until they go to their 'puppy raiser' homes which are located all around the West. But because of a problem with Parvo at the school in California, yesterday they got 27 puppies age 7 - 9 weeks! And I get to go and work with them!!! I'm so excited! The puppy coordinator said, "If you think 6 little puppies are cute, you should see 27! Some of them are so small they can fit in your pocket." I can hardly wait! And I promise pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you don't "pocket one" to take home! How FUN for you!

    ReplyDelete