Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dec. 5 - Just how smart are these dogs?

Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the week because it is the day I walk dogs at Guide Dogs for the Blind.  Each kennel has a list of dogs on the 'approved for cruising' list.  Walking down the aisle in between the kennels reminds me of being in a kindergarten class and asking for a volunteer to help.  You remember how all the little hands go up and you hear a chorus of 'Me, me, me!!!!'  If dogs could talk they'd be doing the same thing.  Some bark, some dance, some wiggle, some whine, some just try to look especially cute but every single one of them is hoping that they are the ones going for a walk!  Today I stopped in front of this kennel with Deirdre and Elton.

 I looked at their names and said, "I'm going to walk you Deirdre."  Elton glanced up at me, then with a resigned look, turned and walked outside.  Really are they that smart??? 

1 comment: