Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 27 - Oregon Aquarium

We spent a fun morning at the Oregon aquarium in Newport.  I've never seen an active octopus before.    Usually I've just seen them sleeping over in the corner of the tank.  This fellow put on quite a show as he went through his morning yoga poses!  When I look at those tentacles and suckers I can't believe I've actually eaten one! Of course like many delicacies in Spain, octopus mostly just tastes like garlic and olive oil!
                           
 Johnny actually agreed to pose for this picture and no bribery was involved!!
 I'm never sure why I think sea otters are so darn cute!  In some ways they just look like giant rats!
 Watching these sea nettle jelly fish was mesmerizing! I think a video might help me sleep at night!
 The bright colors and fish in this tank reminded us of our recent snorkeling in St. Thomas!
 Boys will be boys!
And this one was not at the aquarium but on our way back to the beach house!  I'm just adding it to prove that yes, I was there on this Christmas vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment