Saturday, December 29, 2012

December 24 - Advent Calendar

I made this advent calendar when Mary was a baby so it has been a part of our Christmas traditions for a long time.  Some years I'd put candy in each pocket.  Other years I'd have a little note explaining what Christmas activity we were doing that day.  I always had to keep a careful record of whose turn it was to pin the decoration on the tree or we would have tears and tantrums.  Luckily we were at the beach house for 4 nights before Christmas so each of my 'kids' had a turn this year....no tears or tantrums!!!!!  I enjoyed listening to our children talk about their memories of the advent calendar.  Mary, Matt, Johnny and Scott are old enough now that they have recognized how quickly time passes.  When they were kids the wait from December 1 until Christmas seemed to take forever!  Christmas was so slow in coming.  Now the month just flies by.  No argument from me!  In fact the years seem to just fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment