Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2 - Christmas Past

I just finished reading Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennet. It tells the story of Scrooge's miserly business partner, Jacob T. Marley, who was allowed to return as a ghost to warn Scrooge away from his ill-fated path. So with 'Christmas Past' on the brain already, I heard a person on the radio say that "Christmas is like a hug from your Grandmother"!  Immediately I remembered this photo taken Christmas 1953, my very first Christmas.  I'm the baby on the right side of the picture, in Grandma's left arm, and that is my cousin Ross on the other.  He is about 6 weeks younger than I am so we were 3 and 4 months old.  

Ahh....'Christmas is a time you get homesick, even when you'e home!' Carol Nelson 

 I admit to a little homesickness for the Christmases of my childhood when everything seemed to be almost magical as we gathered at Grandma's house for good food and lots of family time.  I was a lucky little girl to grow up with so much love all around me.

Christmas is the keeping place for memories of our innocence. Joan Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment