Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother and Father's Day

I was blessed to have been raised by such wonderful parents.  I learned so much from them about kindness and hard work and love and what it means to be in a family.

This picture was made just before we moved to Sicily.  I was in the 1st grade.  For most of my early years Daddy was stationed in the northeastern part of the United States.  I started school in Bainbridge, Maryland.  Momma says that they hoped they would get transferred to Florida or someplace close to home in Arkansas after they left Maryland.  When Daddy's orders came, they were to move to Sigonella, Sicily. I have a very clear memory of asking "Where?" and being told that Sicily was the 'football' that 'boot' shaped Italy kicked.  Certainly not very close to Lonoke, Arkansas.

Sicily was a great experience for me.  I attribute my love of travel to our two and a half year Italian adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment