Monday, May 19, 2014

The Graduate


Matt graduated from Boise State University on Saturday!  Happy day!  There were more than 2000 graduates....that is a lot of names to read and a lot of people to get their diplomas!  The whole thing took about 3 hours but we wouldn't have missed it!

Matt has worked hard and overcome lots of challenges to make it to graduation.  His Dad and I are so proud of his perseverance and dedication!
Matt's advisor is the professor in the orange.  She was instrumental in his success.  George and I were  happy to meet her and thank her for being a mentor to our son.   She is on sabbatical but came back to see Matt graduate!  All professors should be like her.  The other professor taught Matt and also taught me when I took a Spanish class at BSU.  Can't believe she remembered me!  She is also a excellent teacher.
Matt and Scott have been a great help to each other this semester.  I'm glad to see the way they support and love each other.  They have become close friends.  We all missed Johnny and Mary and wish they could have helped us celebrate!
The BSU class of 2014 is the first to have this giant shiny B to use as a backdrop for graduation photos! 
After the festivities the guys 'enjoyed' a round of golf.  I'm never sure if 'enjoyed' is the right word for golf!  It can be a frustrating sport. 

I enjoyed driving around in the golf cart watching them and being reacquainted with the beauty of Boise!  So different from Portland but beautiful in its own way.
I do love those wide open spaces!
So congratulations Matthew Walter Lewis! The best is yet to be!  To quote Dr. Seuss, "Oh the places you'll go......".  Hopefully one of those places will be back to Barcelona sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment