Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Whining again....

I'm allowing myself one more WHINE about the destruction of my alma mater, Lonoke High School.  I think it was a beautiful building.  Just kills me to write that it was a beautiful building. It was torn down a couple of years ago and a new school built.  Don't get me wrong, I know they needed a new school.  My mother graduated from this one in 1938 so it was definitely in need of repair.  I just will never understand why they didn't add on behind this historical building.  I think I've just traveled enough to see the value in preserving our history.
Right down the street from Mary's house is another historic school building, also built in the 1930s I think.  They too needed a new school.  What did they do?  Did they tear the old school down?  NO they didn't.
Harper's Ferry Schools remodeled and added on while keeping the look and feel of the original building.
And also adding the additional classrooms and modern conveniences they needed.
Ok, there is my whine for the year about Lonoke High School!  I don't think I'll ever get over this but I am going to TRY not to whine about it anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment