Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Be Better 52

To start the year off right and keep my motivation going all year I joined the "Be Better 52" challenge
It's really an ingenious idea.  Each participant pays $52 for the year.  Every week a new 'challenge' is given by way of an email.  If you complete the challenge $1 is given to charity.  If you complete the challenge and post about it on social media, the donation doubles. A simple way to 'be better' and be generous!

The first week's challenge was to drink lemon water each morning.  That was easy!
The next week that challenge was to get up 15 minutes earlier than normal and develop a morning routine.  I kind of fudged on this one since I already get up early and I have a set routine that works well for me. I did TRY to go to bed 15 minutes earlier.  A couple of nights I succeeded! 

One of the best parts of my morning routine is walking with these good friends!  In Oregon it is often cold and wet, not damp - WET - but we love the time to talk!  Good for the body and the soul!
This is week #3 and the challenge is to enjoy healthy smoothies!  That is something I have wanted to try so this week I have done it!  Healthy green smoothies!  So far I have enjoyed them.
48 more weeks ahead with fun challenges to improve my physical and mental health and to donate to one of my favorite causes - Kenya Keys.  http://kenyakeys.org

2 comments: