Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reagan Library

Check one off the bucket list!  George and I had Alaska Airlines credit that had to be used by mid January so we decided to take a couple of days and fly down to California to see the Reagan Library.  It did not disappoint.  I love President Reagan's attitude and approach to life.  As I thought about how to make a blog post about him, I decided to use some of the photos I took and some of his best quotes.

For many years Ronald Reagan collected quotes on notecards and organized them in a flip folder.  He often used these quotes in his speeches. He truly was the 'Great Communicator'.

No foe of freedom should doubt our resolve. We will prevail, because our faith is strong and our cause is just. 
February 26, 1981
...let me say, I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration. 
March 4, 1987
I believed - and intend to make it a theme of my campaign-that America's greatest years were ahead of it.
Whatever happens now, I owe my life to God and will try to serve him in every way I can.
from his diary March 1981
Whatever else history says about me, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears, to your confidence rather than your doubts.
Republican National Convention 1992
As for the enemies of freedom...they will be reminded that peace is the highest aspiration of the American people.  We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it; we will not surrender it- now or ever.
January 20, 1981
And so we will work together, that we may forever keep our swords at our sides.
May 31, 1988
I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

What wonderful words to live by!  What a positive uplifting man!  I will try to remember his optimism and emulate it.











No comments:

Post a Comment