Thursday, January 1, 2015

Movies

We always seem to see a lot of movies around Christmas time.  This year was no exception.

My favorite was "The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies".

As you might expect it was action packed but tied up the story from the Hobbit very well.  Also set up the Lord of the Rings trilogy nicely.  I may have to find time to re-watch those movies soon.

I wasn't sure what my opinion of "Into the Woods" would be but I liked it very much.
Such a clever weaving of several fairly tales into one story!  Meryl Streep is fabulous as she always is!  I even liked Johnny Depp!  And the two handsome princes had me laughing out loud.  I would have ended it at the "happily ever after' part but that is just the romantic in me!

Then last night for New Year's Eve we saw "Unbroken".  Let's just say that the book is so much better!
The movie is good and the story is uplifting.  What a human can live through is amazing!  After all the abuse Louis Zamperini's body endured, I find it astonishing that he lived to be almost 97 years old.  I wish that the story had included the reason he forgave his captors.  It was his conversion to Christianity that changed his life and attitude.  Oh well, that is Hollywood for you!  But I did love the last scenes showing him carrying the torch at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Japan.  The second POW camp where he was held all those years ago, is very close to where he carried the torch.

We also watched a few movies at home...

The first three Hobbit movies so that I could remember the story well....
And best of all....
Any attempt to remake this movie should be against the law!  It is a practically perfect in every way!


No comments:

Post a Comment