Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas Day

Santa left Isabella a Barbie sized doll house at Grandma and Grandpa's this year! 
 Jesse from Toy Story and Elsa from Frozen were pretty popular too.  Isabella posed them just like she wanted and then had me take a photo. 
I think the dolls and the little girl all enjoyed the new house with its fancy furniture.  Jesse even decided to have a bath! 
George was thrilled with a BIG box of Frango mints.  These were a tradition in his home growing up  in Chicago. Originally they were only sold at Marshall Fields.  Each Lewis child got a box of 12.  Karen made hers last all year.  George and John weren't so disciplined! 
I was great to have Scott home, even if he has recently decided to become Vegan.  He's been vegetarian for 10 years and that was workable but vegan is a whole new ballgame for me!  I'm proud of him for his determination.
The traditional Lewis Family Christmas breakfast was particularly challenging but he was cheerful in the face of cinnamon rolls and breakfast pizza.  I made him a special veggies only pizza!
After presents, Matt and Scott headed to Bogus Basin to ski 
We went for a walk where Bella found Olaf!
Elsa, Jesse and Barbie went on the walk along with us!
We gave Isabella a "Hungry Hungry Hippos" game because we had such good memories of playing it with our kids.  It is still fun but the new version is oh so cheaply made. I lost because I had a Malfunctioning hippo!  Can you see where Isabella got her competitive streak?  
You can buy a 'vintage' game from the 1980s for over $60.  Why didn't I save ours? 
This was my first experience with SLIME!  It is kind of weird but I enjoyed it, probably because Bella did.
 
Miss Bella had her own 'made to order' Christmas dinner of nuggets and top ramen before going home for a nap! Notice that the dolls are still close by! 
 And even in the recliners, George and I managed to stay awake! 
We ended our day with an 8:45 showing of "The Rise of Skywalker". I thought the movie was very good.  
May the force be with you!

Last on the agenda for the day was to see the last Star Wars Movie. I remember seeing the 1st Star Wars movie when we were newlyweds, then later taking our children to see them and buying lots of Star Wars toys, then seeing the 'prequel' and the 'sequel' with our teenagers and young adult children.  Star Wars is definitely a part of our culture and they tied things up nicely.  I love Harrison Ford's appearance and the voices of all the Jedi masters.  I also love how the whole thing started with the unlikely friendship of Luke, Han and Leia and ended with another friendship of Rey, Poe, and Finn.  





No comments:

Post a Comment