Thursday, June 16, 2011

Food Obsessed

You're going to think I'm obsessed with food and you're probably right since I have a couple more blog posts I want to do about food in Israel.

Salad and the delicious pita bread make for a great lunch. In the US I've never had pita that is so light and fluffy. It's probably a good thing I can't find that kind of pita here!
This was our St. Peter's fish lunch near the Sea of Galilee at Kibbutz Ein Gev. It tasted much better than it looked....you're probably thinking it HAD to taste better than it looked!
I never knew what these were but they must be good as it seemed that every sweet shop in the old city sold them.
How would you like to buy your fish here? You can get filets or fish sticks or shaped fish nuggets for the kids....or maybe a whole chicken....and its all been sitting out for hours on the ice.
Or you might want to buy your meat here....
I think I'd become a vegetarian....the fruit and veggies look a lot better than the meat or fish.
Food in Israel was definitely a big part of the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment