Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tokyo #11 Modern Japan

Modern Japan is also worthy of a blog post!

 Our hotel in Yokohama took up the top 20 floors of the highest building in Japan.  The elevator was the fastest in the whole country and made my ears pop every single time I went up to the room.
The modern sculpture by the hotel reminded me of an amusement park ride. 
Our view could take your breath away!

And speaking of amusement park rides, the bullet train can go almost 200 miles an hour.  Right now another type of bullet train is in the test phase.  This one rides above the rail, the so called 'floating train' and can go at speeds of up to 310 mph! Made me think of the 'hover-boards' from the Back to the Future movies.  I guess I'll have to go back in 2028 just to take a ride on one!
Right by our hotel was an absolutely enormous mall.  I spent a lot of time just walking around there.  This was my first time on a curving escalator!
 Another unusual building on Odaiba Island in Tokyo Bay.
 Four inverted pyramids make Tokyo Big Site an unusual Convention Center!
This building reminded me of things the kids used to build with legos.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice article with good Insights. thank you for sharing.
    Gorgeous and pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete