Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tokyo #6 - Guide Dogs for the Blind Japan Style

Look what we happened to run into in Japan.  A Guide Dogs for the Blind fundraising activity!! All this was happening in the town square just outside the train station in a popular resort town,
This dog was showing off her obedience skills.  Isn't she a pretty girl?
I'm so happy that the trainer spoke English perfectly so we could talk.
These two dogs are considered PR dogs.  Their primary focus is public relations and fund raising.  Just like at our Guide Dogs here in Oregon, the breeds they train are Labs, Golden Retrievers, and Lab/Golden crosses.  It amused me that these dogs knew more Japanese than I did. "My Guide Dog is smarter than this tourist."
It appears that being a PR dog is exhausting work!
Yes we did put some money in the doggy bank that the volunteer is holding!  I love Guide Dogs for the Blind, even in Japan!


No comments:

Post a Comment