Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gratitude #1 - Best All Around

Last year I enjoyed reading the Facebook gratitude posts all during November so I made an alert on my phone to do my own posts this year.  Well, my alarm alert sounded today so here I go with post #1.

One of the categories for our high school 'Who's who' election was for "Best All Around".  Pam Cordell was the classmate chosen for this honor.  The years have proven that Pam  definitely deserved that award.
Since 1971 it has been Pam who organizes our class reunions.  She spends countless hours and money tracking people down, sending out invitations and reminders, finding venues and organizing entertainment.  Her home is the go-to place for all the planning meetings for the actual reunions which have been held every 5 years without fail.  That is 9 big parties!  And she organizes not only the 'official reunions' but often puts together smaller get-togethers whenever any of us 'out-of-towners' are in Lonoke.  Her door is always open to any classmate.
 Sick and need meals?  Call Pam.
A ride to the hospital?  Call Pam
Live out of town? Pam will visit your parents.
When any of our parents pass away, Pam sends flowers from the class.
When a classmate passes away, Pam lets us know and again sends flowers.
Need help babysitting a grandchild?  Yes, call Pam.
Want someone to talk to?  Pam is there
I always say that every class needs a Pam Cordell.  Our class was blessed with one.  She truly is the 'Best-all-around' and I am grateful to have been her friend and classmate since we were little girls.  I love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment