Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Gratitude #2 - Best Volunteer Job in the World

I have done a lot of blog posts about volunteering at Guide Dogs for the Blind.  It is an absolutely perfect place for me to spend my time.  I have learned tons while helping in the vet clinic.  My longing for a 4-legged friend is satisfied by walking dogs each week and fostering 28 dogs over the last 5 years. 

This morning I spent 2 hours in the vet clinic.  I cleaned the instruments they had just used for a surgery and got them ready to be wrapped and sterilized.  Then I got to snuggle with a little sweetheart who had just been spay.  Normally I read but today I was sleepy so decided why not take a little nap myself!  The floor is heated.  This little doggy just wanted me to be there and keep my arm around her! She whined every time I moved my arm so it was a great opportunity to relax! As I always say, "It's a rough job but someone has to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment