Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Gratitude #5 - Elections

Yes I am grateful for elections!  They mean that I have a choice in who leads our country and state.  This one has been rough.

Four years ago when Mitt Romney lost and I felt so despondent, I had a distinct impression from the spirit that I was to stop listening and watching all news.  And I haven't watched any TV news or listened to talk radio until the last month or so!  I know that my cold turkey moratorium on news has given me much peace during these last years.  I have been listening a bit more as November 8th got closer.  Last night I had no plans to watch the returns but our son John kept texting me results and I finally decided  that I had to tune in and be witness to this shocking turn of events.  I never in a million years thought that Donald Trump would be our president.  Truthfully I really didn't want Hillary either but I was sure she would win.  Totally unexpected results!  As I've watched the reactions on TV and Facebook today several memes have stuck out to me.  I share them here.  Now I just pray that our country will come together and that President Trump will be a successful president and prove so many wrong!

Look at that sweet grin!  He's right.  Things will work out!
Easier said than done but important.
 Facebook should not be something that divides us.
 James E. Faust was actually quoting Barbara Bush in this quote.  I love it and I KNOW that it is absolutely true!
  And last of all this one:
Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment