Monday, January 2, 2017

A 'Puzzling' Christmas

One of our traditions is to do puzzles during Christmas vacation.  This year we actually did two.  First Matt and Scott started a 3D puzzle of that Barcelona iconic church, La Sagrada Familia.
Hundreds of intricate little pieces....
that made a beautiful replica of our favorite church!  This is the way it will be when it is finished in about 2026, which happens to be the 100th anniversary of Gaudi's death.  Our sons have promised that they will take us to see it when it is complete.  I think they worry that we won't be able to travel alone in 10 more years!
Scott and I helped a bit but most of the credit for this masterpiece goes to Matt.
We weren't finished yet.  Next we started on the 2000 piece nautically themed puzzle that Matt had deemed perfect for our beach house vacation.

Everyone worked on it.  Starting with Mary and Matt.
George and Johnny did a lot of it.  Scott and I put in a piece or two but there is not photographic proof!
Even Mark helped!
When we got ready to leave on Tuesday afternoon the puzzle looked like this.
I am one of those people who hates to leave anything unfinished so it just about killed me to think of taking it apart before we had it finished!  Matt and Scott had already decided to spend one more night in Lincoln City so I jokingly said, "I feel like saying that we'll give you $100 if you finish the puzzle before you leave tomorrow."  To my amazement, George agreed and Matt and Scott cheerfully accepted the challenge.

We got in our car and looked back to see this fun sight!  It may be one of my favorite photos of the whole trip!
Our two hard working sons did it!  They got it finished.  I think it took them something like 8 hours of both of them diligently 'puzzling'.  They had sore backs from bending over but they felt the sweet taste of success and were $100 richer!  I'm not sure they were cheerful about it anymore!
Next year I think we'll do a 1000 piece puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment