Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas Masterpieces

 Let me brag a little here!  

Matt and George created this fruit Christmas tree masterpiece.  George was the structural engineer and Matt the artistic director and architect.  

It added so much to our Christmas brunch table....and a little nutrition to our menu!

During the pandemic, I've done a lot of baking but usually it has been types of bread and cookies.  For Christmas I decided to make the cake I'd learned about from @cakesbycourtney.  Turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself!

It's a gingerbread cake with a lemon curd filling and a whipped lemon mascarpone frosting.  Totally yummy! And looks quite festive!
Making a cake was something new to try, but my other masterpiece was a tried and true skill - photo book making.  One of my gifts for Isabella was a book entitled "Isabella - Her First Five Years".
Her very favorite books are the ones that feature 'Isabella' as the star. The book I made of her first year of life and the one from our trip to Hawaii are always her picks when we sit down to read. Every photo in this book is of her so I thought she would love it!  And she did!






No comments:

Post a Comment