Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Light the World on the Sabbath

 Sunday's prompt was to "Take time to reflect like Jesus did.  Tune out distractions and find a quiet place to think about what brings you closer to God."  When I did this so many thoughts came to me.  I feel close to God when

  • I read the scriptures or the words of the prophets - over the last 10 years or so they have brought me so much peace and joy.
  • I listen to beautiful music - the hymns, classical music, Mormon 'easy listening' music
  • I attend the Temple - Oh how I miss it!
  • I serve others and try to be a 'charitable person' rather than just do charitable acts
  • I teach gospel lessons
  • I listen to gospel lessons and talks
  • I am around children.
  • I remember His 'tender mercies' to me
  • I am surrounded by the beauties of the world.  I wish I could sing and then I'd be tempted to loudly sing, "I think the world is glorious and lovely as can be."
  • I think about my ancestors - my family in Heaven
  • I pictures the stained glass window of the Good Shepherd from the Presbyterian Church in Lonoke
  • I count my blessings.
Today this quote brought me closer to Him and gave me peace so I shared it on social media.

"In a world of work, worries, and worthy endeavors, we keep our heart, our mind, and our thoughts on Him who is our hope and salvation" a quote from Elder Neil L Anderson one of our church leaders. A beautiful reminder as we approach His birth and the celebrations that surround that special event, especially this year when so much seems different. Jesus is the reason for the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment