Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Light the World - Influential Friend

 'Dedicate a star on your Christmas Tree to an influential friend. Share a photo of it along with a tribute on social media.'

Today I highlight an influential friend, Rinda Hayes, who 15 years ago started KenyaKeys by finding sponsors for 13 students so that they could attend secondary school. Today almost 1000 young men and young women have received an education thanks to Kenya Keys. Rinda introduced me to the world of non-profits, but more importantly she introduced me to the wonderful people and adorable children of Kenya. My life is forever changed.

Instead of dedicating the star on my Christmas tree to her, I'll dedicate this Kenyan angel which is totally made from recycled trash by handicapped adults at the Bombolulu Workshops in Mombasa, Kenya


No comments:

Post a Comment