Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Children's Museum and Protests

Mary and I decided to make another trip down into DC to take Jackson to the National Children's Museum.   We were already in the city before we noticed that there was a massive 'Pro-choice' rally happening that day.  Our route to the museum was supposed to take us across Pennsylvania Av. but the marchers were walking from the Washington Monument to the Supreme Court along that street.  Every street that we tried to use to take us across was blocked by the police.  

Most disgusting sign I saw said, "Abortion - It's a Beautiful Thing".  
Seriously, even if you are pro-choice, is an abortion beautiful?
Anyway, Mary and I love an adventure and she is a confident driver so we explored a new area behind the Supreme Court building in our attempts to get to the other side of Pennsylvania.  If I get suddenly rich and want to move to DC, I plan to live in that neighborhood in one of those beautiful old houses on a tree lined street.   So picturesque!

Funny thing, I had to go to the bathroom so we made a quick stop at a neighborhood grocery store but the clerk refused to let me use the facilities.  I told her that I would buy something but no go, literally!!!! I was getting desperate so we made an unplanned stop at Union Station, I raced in and followed the signs to the toilets in the basement only to find that they were closed.  Now seriously worried about embarrassing myself, I searched for an alternative, found one up stairs and made it!  Happy day!

All the traffic hassle were worth it watching Jackson enjoy the hands on children's museum.

Sponge Bob
A wonderful building area 
But best of all
Thomas the Tank Engine


The boy was mesmerized! 
We had to practically drag him out when the museum closed and, unfortunately, it is a temporary exhibit which was due to leave the next week.  Jackson could have played there all night!

A great day in spite of traffic, protestors and closing times!





No comments:

Post a Comment