Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Oregon Tourists

 The main purposes of our trip to Portland were to visit friends, spend time with Scott, and see my doctor.

We also managed to play tourist!  First a stop at Multnomah Falls.  There was a crazy amount of water coming down.


 We went for a walk down by our old apartment and, just like most springs, there was flooding.  George delights in photographing 'rule following' Marilyn breaking the rules.  This time not only did I break the rules, I led others astray!  But there was a beaver!  A very shy beaver who did not want to get out in the sunlight to be photographed but a beaver! 


We made a day trip to Astoria which is over on the coast.  First on the agenda was eating fish and chips. I never order fish and chips but George loves them so I researched the best place and the consensus seemed to be Bowpicker.
The long line was further proof that this was the place to eat!

As you can see it is located in a boat.  You walk up the stairs and then have a few choices, either a full or a half order and you can get extra fish or extra French fries.  Order your drink, pay with cash, and enjoy! That's it. 
I took one bite and knew what all the hype was about.  These were seriously delicious.  Light, flavorful and not greasy!  I'm not sure if this will mean that I will order fish and chips often or if I will never order them again.   I may dream of these fish and chips. 
These were just that good!
We took an obligatory trip across the Astoria bridge and thought of our friend Paul who is a bridge design engineer.
I got my photographer fix...
We walked on the beach.

And saw the shipwreck.
I managed to do a little bird watching and found these two young barn swallows waiting for mom and dad to bring back dinner!
Can't call yourself Oregon tourists unless you hike to a waterfall.  I love hiking in the lush greenness of the Oregon forests.  

Young's River Falls - which was very pretty but not easy to find. For while we had dueling GPS but we finally got to the trailhead.

And of course we took the obligatory selfie!
I do love Oregon, even if you still need to wear a jacket in mid June.  It is seriously beautiful!















No comments:

Post a Comment