Thursday, June 2, 2022

Family at the County Historical Museum

 When you donate things to a museum, you never know if they will just languish in a back storage room or be on display.  I was so happy to see a few things that I had donated being put to good use in the Lonoke County Historical museum.

The punch bowl that my Grandma Boyle painted in the early 1900's.  China painting was popular with proper young ladies.  My Webster great grandparents even hired a woman to teach the skill to their young daughters.  George and I used this punch bowl at our wedding reception in Lonoke.

Presbyterian quilt which was completed for the one of the celebrations of the church's history.
The square my mother made had the verse, "Serve the Lord with gladness".  For her entire life, Moma was a great example of service to the church and her neighbors and family. 
This is the tailor-made navy uniform my Daddy wore to their wedding on December 25, 1948.  A picture of my parents leaving the church in tucked in the collar.
That' s my Grandma Boyle, Clarice Webster Boyle, on the right.  I read in the paper that she was 'among the most popular young women in the city'.  She is certainly a beauty.
A newspaper clipping about my great grandfather S E Webster when he opened a shoe store in Lonoke. 






No comments:

Post a Comment