Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Interruptions

 Almost 15 years ago, I started my blog with a post about the experience Mary and I had when we attended the inauguration of Barak Obama; the day we spent in what has been since called 'the purple tunnel of doom.'  Hours and hours waiting, tickets in hand, before we finally were allowed to exit the tunnel only to find out that the inauguration was over.  What a day and what a memory! The first of many I recorded in this blog.

   My goal has never been to make money on my blog by developing a huge following.  Instead, I print out my blog book each year and love the idea of having a pictorial journal for my posterity to get to know me.  My cousin, Scott Boyle, recently sent me the letters that our Grandma Boyle had written to his parents in the early 1960's.  They are a treasure to me and give a glimpse into the heart of a woman who I just thought of as 'Grandma'.  My hope is that my blog books will give future generations such a a glimpse into ME.

During the summer there wasn't a lot of excitement in our lives so I didn't post much. In September we headed off to Kenya for two weeks and I came home with thousands of photos and ideas for blog posts.  Unfortunately my computer balked at the idea of adding more photos so I spent weeks moving photo albums around, deleting photos that were stored in multiple places on the computer, and generally cleaning out.  Now that my computer was happy again,  I could start to share our trip to Kenya as well as trips to southern Utah.  

Fate intervened, last week George had a cold.  He took a Covid test that was negative.  Then I got cold symptoms, nothing that seemed too severe.  Because we were meeting friends for lunch, I decided to test myself just to be safe and, you guessed it, I was positive.  George followed a few days later with his own positive test.   This is our first bout with Covid.  I am rather proud of that!  

 
Our symptoms were mild, just really a cold that lasted for several days, mild fever, and exhaustion.
This is the first day that I have felt reasonably ok.
So no more excuses - it's time to catch up!



No comments:

Post a Comment