Friday, December 13, 2013

Go Cars

Driving in Lisbon in our rental car was an exciting challenge for George.  He did admirably well.  I would have pulled to the side and cried! Hardly anything ruffles that man including busy multi lane traffic circles with tons of cars going at high speeds.  I am sure there is some Portuguese in his blood somewhere!

So taking a tourist spin in a 'Go-Car' seemed like a sensible thing to do.
A 'Go-Car' is a three wheeled cycle with two seats and yes you do go right out in the traffic like everyone else, including big trucks!
As I expected, George remained calm and in total control.    I have read that Lisbon is a bit reminiscent of San Francisco since both are cities built on hills by water.  I think this looks like it could be the Golden Gate Bridge in California, rather than the 25th of April Bridge in Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment