Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I LOVE FC Barcelona

During the last few years I have become a true fan of Football Club Barcelona.  I rejoice when they win and feel depressed when they lose.  On big game days I wake up with a knot in my stomach even though I try and convince myself that 'it is just a game' and 'it really doesn't matter to my life'!
So this year when I turned 60 I only asked for one thing (OK I admit it was  one big thing) - I wanted to go to Barcelona and see a game from the front row.  George made it happen!  As soon as tickets became available we got on-line to make a purchase.  Imagine our frustration when every time we got the perfect seats an error message occurred.  Finally George got the brilliant idea to stop trying on the English language site and try on the site in Catalan.  Guess what? It worked first time and we had two tickets….one on the front row for the birthday girl and one a few rows back for George!

Unfortunately the best player in the world, Leo Messi was injured and didn't play but before the game he came out on the pitch to present his "Golden Boot" award to the fans.  The Golden Boot is given to the highest scorer in any league in Europe!  The last five years the award has gone to a player in the Spanish League.  And three of those years it has been Leo Messi!  He is totally amazing!  34 goals, 50 goals and 46 goals!  
Barça's biggest signing this year was the young Brazilian Neymar Jr.  Only 21 years old, he is an rising star and a phenomenal player.  The defense has their work cut out trying to keep him from scoring or assisting a team mate to score. 
                                     
Here are a few of my favorite players celebrating a goal.  Andres Iniesta, Marc Bartra, Cesc Fabregas, and Neymar!  Can't believe I got to see them!
Barça players are pretty short except for another of my favorites Gerard Pique #3!  Look at him heading that ball out of danger!
Matt, Johnny and Scott saw me on TV and took a picture of the screen.  In Scott's words "It's not everyday you see your Mom on TV!" 

My dream came true! What a night!!!!  I wish I could go to a game every year!  I do have a birthday every year!  Maybe we can make this a tradition!

 The motto of the club is 'Mes que un Club'….more than a club!

No comments:

Post a Comment